The best beauty foods
You know that saying you are what you eat, well it’s no old wives tale.
It is super hard to eat really well all the time unless all the delicious and not so good food is hidden from us forever and perhaps we have a personal chef to cook us everything.
Step out of the fantasy and there are a few foods you can eat that will be beneficial to your skin. I’m not talking about going on a fad diet or changing up your whole eating plan but perhaps adding or replacing some items with others.
Here are 7 foods you should eat on a regular basis for the sake of your skin.
1. Dark chocolate – yep you read that right. Chocolate is good (for the tastebuds and the skin). Cocoa in the dark stuff contains flavonoids. It’s an antioxidant and they’re good for reducing the signs of ageing and reducing free radicals which are produced when the skin is exposed to UV light (so everyday). This improves the look of our skin, slowing down the ageing process.
2. Greek yoghurt – not the sugary stuff. This contains proteins that firm the skin.
3. Walnuts – they contain essential fatty acids that improve elasticity in the skin. These nuts also contain copper that boosts collagen production, plumping up the skin and improving its texture.
4. Berries – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries. These contain Vitamin C to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin C also helps reduce redness and is good for skin conditions such as acne.
5. Cucumber – they have a real purpose on your puffy, dry eyes. Cucumbers are super hydrating because they’re pretty much all water.
6. Pomegranates – they’re packed with antioxidants (remember anti-ageing), help regulate the skins blood flow and add moisture to the skin.
7. Soy – the beans or the milk, soy sauce, tofu. It improves skin elasticity and minimises the appearance of fine lines.
So which way to the supermarket then?
That's the inside done, how about the outside? Click here to find out about the best beauty products for your skin.