The 5 things you need to take your look from day to night
If you're like me, you take time to pick your outfit for the day. I mean if you look good, you feel good.
So with all that effort, who needs to pack a suitcase worth of outfit options to take to the workplace, when you have dinner plans with friends or a hot date planned later on?
It's not actually that hard to take your look from day to night. Here are five simple ways to make that happen - think backpack rather than suitcase.
1. A blazer or biker: Swap your work jacket or bomber jacket for a tailored blazer with statement buttons or a leather/leather look biker jacket if you're going for a more edgy look. Whether you're pairing it with a skirt, pants or jeans, a jacket will add that extra little something to make heads turn.
2. Accessories: Picture this. You're wearing a collared shirt, a long sleeve knit or t-shirt. The clock ticks over and it's time to head out. Putting on a necklace, whether a statement piece with a bit of bling, or layering a few delicate pieces, or even replacing the studs with a bigger, bolder pair of earrings, will make you look like you belong in that restaurant or bar rather than behind that computer.
3. Shoes: Put away those work shoes - you know, those go to ones that just work with most of your office looks; and if your office is a bit more on the casual slide, put away the sneakers or sandals. Wearing a heel, flats, boots or wedges with a splash of colour, or a buckle or some little bit of detail screams evening wear.
4. Handbag: You know that tote filled with everything that reminds you of the office or the backpack filled to the brim? Well leave it behind and bring out the clutch or shoulder bag that fits just the essentials (cue lipgloss, phone, keys, cash and cards). It's a small detail that adds sophistication and style to your alternate outfit.
5. Makeup: You've done your makeup in the morning so you don't need to start all over again. A few touch ups are what you need. A compact will remove any shine, an extra line of eyeliner will make your eyes pop and a touch of colour to the lips finishes off your freshened up face. If you've gone bare faced, then a bit of lippie might be all you really want.
Main pic: @sincerelyjules